Sunday 2 February 2014

KCW Winter 2014 - Jacob part 2

We finished the pants for Elias yesterday evening, and as soon as he saw the pants, he announced to be wearing short pants only!
It is true that Elias always leaves the house with short pants and Omar usually wears long ones, but I thought to be able to change this pattern by giving him his own long pants. I was wrong obviously!
Consequently we have a second pants for Omar (and we already started to cut and sew the short version Elias requested).


This time around the backside fits perfect without having to tighten the elastic excessively and there even is some room for growing.



The blue fabric was purchased in Shanghai, China (just like these gorgeous Chinese Blues). The fabric is supposedly hand dyed and had to be fixed before washing as the color runs. I was told that the fabric is about 50 years old. The sales lady –who looked double as old as the fabric- also explained me that it was made in her family business; but then my Chinese is quasi nihil so it is possible that I got that completely wrong!
The fabric smelled moist but after fixing and washing, she turned out to be really soft and so gorgeous!


I bought a full role but the role was not very long and on top of that only 45 cm wide. I will have to be make this fabric last a long way.


Pattern: Just like the pants posted yesterday this is a Jacob pants designed by Zonen09.
Fabric: The fluorescent piping was homemade from fluorescent trim (bought @ Vermiljoenshop) and some rope.

No comments:

Post a Comment