Wednesday 8 January 2014

The smallest gift

When I saw these pictures, I knew the perfect Xmas gift for our smallest cousin. It was the smallest by also by far the cutest gift we made this Xmas.


The bonnet is easy to make and as I did not know which colors I preferred, I just made a small series of them.


For cold days a thick lining: teddy fabric, nicky-velour, and toweling.


For warmer days a thinner lining: interlock fabric.


We found just enough dolls to present every bonnet. Nevertheless not every doll’s head was as suitable as the other, and not every doll was as voluntary as the other to pose. The doll’s mommy helped out by telling a story or comforting with a dummy.



Eventually we gave cousin A 3 bonnets –he got the most boyish looking ones- one for every weather condition.  


Pattern: You can download the pattern here.

Fabric: The pink and teal flower fabric was purchased at the online Petit Pan shop, the blue stars and the red retro fabric was bought overseas but I don’t exactly reminder in which shop. I received the brown fabric with the retro design from her and the lining fabrics were purchased at Tahir. The brown teddy fabric was purchased at Sammtex in Saint-Sauveur in Belgium.

No comments:

Post a Comment