Tuesday 19 February 2013

Gymnastics outfit: part I

Our four eldest children do gymnastics. So they have to wear a gymnastics leotard; an item that is not easily purchased around here.
As Tahir imported perfect leotard fabric I decided to make their gymnastics outfit myself.
I will not disclose the results just yet, the leotard pictures are for later this week...
First I present you the gymnastics bag that goes with it.
A cute little bag for our ‘star’ gymnasts. Just the right size to store two small bottles of water and a snack for during the break.



I prefer a round gymnastics bag instead of a flat one; besides following the guidelines of THE book it was very easy to make. We chose to make the version with the pocket on the inside, to tuck money aside.


This macho bronze fellow (A Askalany) could wrap it around its neck before the kids got hold of it.


The beautiful blue fabric (Melody Sketch – Nani Iro) was bought at Mondaysmilk, an online fabric shop with a superefficient and friendly service.
The website noted that the fabric is DOUBLE GAUZED, I did not notice this mention when I ordered the fabric and anyway I would not have known what it meant. I do now!
Double gauzed means that the fabric consists of two different layers attached to each other by means of small invisible stitches. It might seem difficult to stitch with, the way I describe the fabric. Nothing is further from the truth, I did not hamper me in any way, long life Japanese perfection.


I bought the cotton yellow biais binding at Vermiljoenshop.
The pictures are made in ArtSawa Gallery in Al Quoz.

Do not forget to join this blog if you want to give it a try to win this fabric.

No comments:

Post a Comment